The impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium Funding must highlight an increase in the participation, standards, attainment and progress of all pupils. Additionally, it should encourage pupils to develop healthy lifestyles and support children in reaching the performance levels that they are capable of.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport